Sunday, June 30, 2013

I may have really done it this time...

Umm. Yeah. So I think I might be stretching myself too thin this month of July.

Other than the obvious upcoming 4th of July and the fact is summer break and I have three kids at home, I of course have the San Diego Comic Con. Mind you that is 4 days only BUT the amount of time I am spending on my costume, it adds up.

And let's not forget the ever important writing of books! This brings me to the part I am a little stressed about. I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo starting the 1st! For those of you that don't know November is National Novel Writing Month. There is a site where you can go and join for free and basically join a group to help with support and tracking and just plan help getting your ass in gear. I had planned on being involved in November but found out about camp and thought it was a good time to finish up book three in my upcoming series. My goal is only 20,000 words in 30 days. No big deal right? Yeah. We'll see about that!

I recently finished my first edits on book one in the series so logically I'll be working on a second round of edits AND promotion of course. Of course because I didn't have enough to do I started another short story that has a deadline of July 15th. I know, I'm a goob.

I've been so out of it I feel asleep so early on the couch last night that nothing got done. I missed my Friday night facial ( not that you pervs! ) which I am doing now as I write. I didn't work in my short story all week and I didn't work on my costume! Gah!! Did I mention I am lazy? Yeah cause I am. I hate housework. No joke.

However tonight I finished my head peice except adding the elastic to make it wearable. I'm really pleased with how the tiara/head thing came out. It's very steampunk I think because it looks like beat up old metal. And as of right now my wrist guards are 40% done.

 So anywoo... If you see me rocking in a corner sobbing you'll know why... I'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You can do it! I have to knock out 2300 words to catch up today. HA! If nothing else, I will hold you while you cry and feed you chocolate. ;p

Post a Comment