Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy New Year... oh nevermind

Let's just start off by saying, I totally suck at blogging.  I admit it. I do.

Phew. I feel better now.

Now on to the good stuff.  Have you all read my first novella, Sunrise?  If not you should.  It's not so bad.  Honest!

Besides, it's free so why not?  =)

So it's 2014.

Really?! Already!

If any of you are like me, you can't believe it's already a new year.  I wish someone could explain to me how time can move so fast and go so slow at the same time?  If you could explain that to me, I'd give you a treat. A cookie or a cupcake.  Your choice.

For the new year I've decided to live better.  Which is just code for 'lose weight' but I feel that term has a defeatious stench to it that I want to live better.  I've given up soda, my one true love.  OK, total lie.  But it's up there.  I am on day 9 of no soda and it's not been so bad.  Last week I had pizza and I REALLY wanted to cave but I didn't.  I was good.  *pats back*.  This week I am going to keep that up and start my yoga.  If I can do yoga 3 times this week I will be very happy.  I should have done it yesterday but the oldest, who is 9, got front braces and it was a rough night.  Yoga was not on the mind.  Wine was.

With the help of my bestie, who is now a fitness freak and you should check out her blog over at The Hungry Latina, I am setting small goals and when I meet them I will reward myself with something non-food related.  If I can meet my goal for this week, next week I am going no white sugar.  Yeah, that is going to be a fun week.  But I think I can do it.  It'll be hard but nothing is ever easy right? Well.. except gaining weight.  That shit is easy to do. -_-

As for my writing, big plans this year!  I've got four,  that's right FOUR releases this year already scheduled.  On top of that I have several stories in the works and hopefully will see the light if day soon.  I've got a few other voices bouncing around also, wanting to come out and play.

Which totally sounds creepy, but ask any author and they will say that too.  ( I hope. >.< )

In the meantime I've got a few trips planned this year.  First I'm going to Los Angeles for a weekend of Shakespeare and writing with my other bestie and a much needed break.  I'm still trying to decide if I should head over to RT 2014 in NOLA for a day.  San Diego Comic Con is coming up in July and hopefully I can get a badge for that too which I should be able to.  And lastly, I am hoping to sneak in a trip to Disneyland with the kids this fall.  I prefer to go in October because of the Halloween theme, and it's typically less busy.

Other than that I'm going to be super busy with my upcoming releases and keeping you guys up to date.  Also, I plan updating my blog a bit also.  I want to change the look of it so that it expresses more of who I am.  Should be good times. =)

So what do you guys have planned for this year?

Happy New Year anyway!

~M

0 comments:

Post a Comment