Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Overwhelmed? Yeah, me too!

Hey ya'll!  Just popping in to see what's up.  It's that dreaded time of the year.  Christmas.  *shudders*  I know, I know I'm all bah humbug but I'm not a fan of Christmas.  Looking back I don't know if I ever was besides the fact I received gifts.  I used to help my parents with the lights, then one year it was "if you want the lights, you need to do them yourself".  Kind of ruined the whole idea.

This year I have three little munchkins of my own and I realize that I've not really fed them the whole Christmas spirit as I should be.  In all fairness, I had a 7yo boy, 3yo girl and a 1yo girl.  The boy is a typical "eh" kid and the girls really didn't understand. This year there has been a lot a squealing about Santa and lights and all that fun stuff.

But I just feel so overwhelmed by the gifting portion of the extravaganza.  Now, don't get me wrong, I adore giving gifts I really do. It sucks when the funds and other limitations stop you from giving what you really want, but hey that's life right?  I think my problem came from the fact that most of my family is fairly spoiled. Everyone has everything they want, and I hate buying for a need.  My boy is very eh about everything and NEVER gets excited.  The most excitement you get out of him is when he flashes his cute little dimples.  My girls love everything, but then fight if there isn't two of everything.  *sigh*

And the crowds! Oy vey! I do all my shopping online.  I refuse to go anywhere other then the grocery store during the month of December.

On an up note, I finished writing book two in my series by Bottom Drawer Publishing!  Check out some of their other books by checking out their site.

If you guys are on Instagram I'm @morgemerson and you can see my stuff here, I take a lot of photos of my silly kids.  You've been warned.

And if you are on Tumblr ( which I LOVE ) my blog is here.  There you will see evidence of my love for all things Loki from Avengers and the man who plays him.  Oh, and I love geeky things and gothic things.  Weird I know!

I'll update when I have news to share for my first book!

Keep smiling!

M

0 comments:

Post a Comment